- Applicant(s)/leader of the crew should inform the Information Officer in the Consulate about their plan to shoot film in Indonesia , at least 3 weeks prior to leaving for the filming.
- Applicant(s) should fill in the Forms required for the film shooting procedures.
- The Forms after filled in returned to the Information Officer in the Consulate to be examined in one or two days at the latest.
- The Forms will be sent by the Consulate to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Cultural and Tourism Affairs c.q. concerned Directorates to be examined.
- A clearing house consisting of concerned both Ministries' officials shall convene on Thursday to decide. Note : it takes at least one week for the process of obtaining the approval.
- If approved, by Monday the next week after the meeting or not more than a week, the Consulate shall receive this confirmation along with the information of the type of Visa to be issued by the Consulate. This is then informed to the applicant(s).
- After then the applicant(s) can proceed to the process of obtaining Visa.
- After the Visa is obtained, a letter from the Information Officer to purvey the applicant(s) for the next procedure in Indonesia should be carried by the applicant(s)
- The applicant(s) present the letter to the Director of Information and Media - Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Deputy of Facilitation and Filming Development - Ministry of Cultural and Tourism Affairs, upon their arrival in Jakarta.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall issue press card(s) and the Ministry of Cultural and Tourism Affairs shall issue the permission for film shooting.
The permit to film or video shooting in Indonesia is granted only by
Department of Foreign Affairs
Directorate of Information and MediaJakarta - Indonesia. Fax.: +62 21 3857316
Application forms and statement can be requested to Indonesian Embassy or Consulate General office near your area.
1. To fill in the application forms in 6 copies, consists of the following:
- Curriculum Vitae of the applicant and crew members
- Purpose of production
- List of crew members
- Letter of solvency from bank guarantors in Indonesia and in the country of origin
- List of equipment
- Shooting schedule
- Synopsis /scenario
- Photocopy of the passports.
2. To complete the application for intended visa.
3. To sign the statement and the application form.
The intended visa will NOT be issued by Embassy prior to the approval of the application from Ministry of Tourism and Culture and Ministry of Justice in Jakarta.